Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Archives: Kidz Jamz

I wrote this skit for Out Da Box like the other two skits I posted previously. This one almost made the show. When they needed to cut skits to bring the running time down, this one was among the ones cut. If the name didn't give it away, this skit makes fun of the series of Kidz Bop CDs. Each year I'm more and more surprised at the song choices on these CDs. I think I should update this skit. With songs like "Candy Shop" on the radio, it could be quite funny. Anyway, enjoy this skit from 2003.


Kidz Jamz

Copyright 2003 by Sterling Fisher



Characters
Announcer: M/F
Kids: M&F
Parent: M/F

(A group of kids is onstage sitting around as the skit starts.)

Announcer: Are you tired of this?...

(Hip-Hop song plays as kids dance around)

Announcer: Your kids listening to that nasty hip-hop and R&B music!

(Parent runs in)

Parent: Turn that noise off! (turns off radio)

Kids: Aww, man!

Announcer: You want music appropriate for them? Then get Kidz Jamz! It's the new collection of contemporary urban music re-recorded by kids for kids!

Kids: Wow! Cool!

Announcer: You get such hot singles like "One Minute Man" by Missy Elliott...

Kids (singing): Break me off! Show me what you got! Cause I don't want no one minute man! (kids do innocent dance that has them putting up one finger when they say one minute man)

Announcer: "Hot in Herre" by Nelly...

Kids: (Singing and dancing while rubbing their forehead) It's getting hot in here! So hot! So take off all your clothes! I am getting too hot! I wanna take my clothes off!

Announcer: "Saturday" by Ludacris...

Kids: (Singing and dancing) I got a big weed stash, pocket full of cash, just seen a big 'ole ass! Sticky icky icky! (rubs hands on shirt) Sticky icky icky icky!

Announcer: and many more!

Parent: I love Kidz Jamz! It's better than those other versions of songs. They sound so nasty! But nothing sounds nasty coming out of the mouth of a kid!

Announcer: And if you act now, you'll receive a special bonus! Kidz Jamz presents the Songs of R. Kelly! Featuring classics like..."Bump and Grind"

Kids (singing): I don't see nothin wrong...with a little bump and grind!

Announcer: To current jams like "Ignition"

Kids (singing): Let me put my key in your ignition babe! Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce...

Announcer: So order Kidz Jamz now! Call 1-800-SAVE-OUR-CHILDREN to order. You receive 4 CD's of kids singing the hottest hip hop and R & B songs! So don't delay!

Kids (singing): (gunshot sound) They shootin! Ha! Made you look!

Announcer: Order today!

(END SKIT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home