Friday, June 03, 2005

Skit: Blackout Skit #1

Blackout skits are short comedy skits that rely on a huge punchline at the end followed immediately by the stage going dark. When done right, they are really hilarious and add some kick (and variety) to a sketch comedy show.

What I have found out, though, is that blackout skits are hard to write. I can usually pump out a skit pretty quickly when I get right down to it. However, I've had some trouble thinking of any blackout skits to write. And since I really want to put up some new content on this blog, I've decided to post the one skit I have finished.

Let me just say that this skit isn't my best work. It might be considered offensive to some despite the lack of bad language, sex, or violence.

So, I hope you enjoy this short little skit. I will begin my serial short story sometime within the next few weeks (time permitting) so look for that soon.


A Blackout Skit
Copyright 2005 by Sterling Fisher


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Setting: Church, set up for a wedding

Characters: Priest, Bride, Groom

(Opens with priest standing and the Bride and Groom standing together in front of the Priest with their backs to the audience.)

Priest: We are here today to celebrate the joining together of this couple in holy matrimony.

(Bride and Groom turn to face each other.)

Priest: Jim, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Groom: (angrily to Bride) You're a woman?? You lied to me!! (runs away)

(small pause)

Bride: (angrily to Priest in a very deep masculine voice) Thanks a lot Reverend!

(FADE TO BLACK)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home