Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Poetry: "Nightmare Inside A Dream"

This is one of two poems I have ever written in my entire life. When I was a freshman in college, I tried restarting the school's black literary magazine. With the help of a few people, we just managed to put out one issue that was padded with works by the staff. To help increase the page count of the magazine, I quickly wrote two poems. The reason why I won't be posting the other one is because I found out I don't have it in a computer format (I guess I lost that file). I will have to look through the unsold copies of the magazine I have to find it. I'll post it at a later date.

I have never been much of a poet so I can say that this poem is probably crap. However, I guess you can judge for yourself.


Nightmare Inside A Dream
Copyright 2001 by Sterling Fisher



I dreamed I dreamed a nightmare.
A nightmare inside a dream.
And everything good and bad
Was somewhere in between.
Everything is not black and white
As it would seem.
When you dream you dreamed a nightmare.
A nightmare inside a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home